7 May 2009

The New Statesman - Comic Relief 1988

I've always loved Rik Mayall (The Young Ones, Lord Flasheart from Blackadder, The New Statesman) and I REALLY love this New Statesman Comic Relief special from 1988 (especially the part when Alan turns into Rik from the Young Ones).

I remember watching it as a kid on the night and re-watching it again and again (I used to "tape" every year's comic relief telethon) over the next few years.

Eventually I lost or threw out the VHS tape on which I taped this and have been looking for it ever since, both on DVD or on YouTube.

Someone finally uploaded this a few months ago, so here it is for your viewing pleasure.

Note: If you didn't live in the UK in the 80s much of this will go over your head, but I think you'll still find it funny anyway



No comments: